This is a section where you get the general idea equipment that you need in Bhutan Vista Tours. The important and serious part of equipment selection depends on the trekking season, trekking days, and maximum altitude.
Trekkers personal goods such as money purse, cameras, cell phones and the cosmetic items that you need in day time, while you are hiking. Porter carries others your heavy equipment.
- Day Pack
- Duffel Bag
- Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Baseball cap can protect your ear and neck from the sunlights.
- UV protection glacier glasses with side shields and a hard-sided storage case
- A pair of liner synthetic/ woolen gloves for the mild days.
- Two cotton t-shirts.
- A synthetic t-shirt.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton!
Lower Body – Legs
- Two pairs nylon-hiking shorts, not cotton!
- Underwear, stay away from cotton
- Two pair lightweight long underwear
- A pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable
- A pair cotton pants
- Especially for the women a full length skirt.
- At least two pair of liner socks, synthetic.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
Miscellaneous, but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Airline ticket(s)
- Visa (if required and acquired in advance)
- Immunization record
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sunscreen. SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its effectiveness over time
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc
The above list guides for you to buy the goods. There are so many options for you, they different brand and version, so it would be better to buy as per your experience. Most of the things are easily available in Kathmandu as well in cheap price.
Please Note: The tight fighting clothing such as made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals. So if you find these items comfortable please kindly wear top of them.