Everest Base Camp lies at the altitude of 5360meter and 32km from Lukla to Base Camp. Then to get Lukla we have two options: By Air and By Foot. Trekking through Jiri is a bit longer but it shows the real beauty of Nepal. However, fly to Lukla is short and sweet trekking of Nepal. Here are the some facts of Everest Base Camp Trek.
Facts of Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp via Jiri – 18 Days
- Length of trail from Jiri to Lukla is 52k.m
- Accommodation in the guesthouses
- Most of the main course meals are available
- The minimum temperature is 15 Deg Celcius except for Winter Season.
- Winter Season temperature drops to the negetive number.
- The trekking is a moderate
- Daily walking hour is approx. 6 hrs
Standard Everest Base Camp Trek- 12 Days
- Short scenic flight to Kathmandu to Lukla
- 11-day trekking from Lukla to Lukla
- All nights overnight at the Guesthouse
- Luxurious Hotels are also available up to Pangboche
- Altitude of Lukla is 2840m ( Starting Point)
Permit and TIMS card
- Standard Trek cost only Sagarmatha National Park permit fees US $ 35
- Jiri trek requires additional Gaurishankhar Conservation Area US$ 20
- Trekking Information Management System Card cost the US $ 10
- Free Individual Trekkers TIMS card cost US$ 20 (if not linked with an agency)
Main Trekking Season of Everest Base Camp is Spring and Autumn, and also early winter up to mid of January, and starts from mid-February.