The mountain biking in Kathmandu offers for all levels of riders. Apex the Asia Holidays provides a route of standard level. The route commences from Balaju including the remote town Madkhu, Jhor, and religious place Budhanilkantha.
The trip goes up to an altitude of 2200 meters, the trail settings stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas, terrace fields, open vivacious semi rural culture just outside of the busy city. Exploring the National parks through the rambling single tracks.
Start From: Kathmandu
Finish At: Kathmandu
Destination: Mudkhu, Tokha and Budhanilkantha
Max. Altitude:2200 meters
Group size: Minimum One
Daily walking Hour: 5 to 6hrs.
Activities : Mountain Biking, A Semi Rural village biking
The following gives you a general idea of the personal items to be brought by you for Explore Kathmandu tour. The personal items are of individual interest and choice. You must consider the time of the year you traveling.
Personal belongings of the travelers that you may need for the day like money, water bottle, camera, sun cream and toilet paper etc. should be carried by you. So you are briefed to pack items in two different bags.
Recommended Equipment list.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (where you can put all your stuff)
- Daypack (this is for you This is a section where you get the general idea equipment that you need in Nepal Vistas. The important and serious part of equipment selection depends on the trekking season, trekking days, and maximum altitude.
Trekkers personal goods such as money purse, cameras, cell phones and the cosmetic items that you need in the day time, while you are hiking. Porter carries others your heavy equipment.
- Day Pack
- Duffel Bag
- Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- A baseball cap can protect your ear and neck from the sunlights.
- UV protection glacier glasses with side shields and a hard-sided storage case
- A pair of liner synthetic/ woolen gloves for the mild days.
- Two cotton t-shirts.
- A synthetic t-shirt.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton!
Lower Body – Legs
- Two pairs nylon-hiking shorts, not cotton!
- Underwear, stay away from cotton
- Two pairs lightweight long underwear
- Pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable
- A pair cotton pants
- Especially for the women a full-length skirt.
- At least two pairs of liner socks, synthetic.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
Miscellaneous, but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Airline ticket(s)
- Visa (if required and acquired in advance)
- Immunization record
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sunscreen. SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its effectiveness over time
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc
The above list guides for you to buy the goods. There are so many options for you, they different brand and version, so it would be better to buy as per your experience. Most of the things are easily available in Kathmandu as well in cheap price.
Please Note The tight fighting clothing such as made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals. So if you find these items comfortable please kindly wear top of them.