Start From: Kathmandu
Finish At: Kathmandu
Destination: Chitwan, The Highest Point of Chitwan
Group size: Minimum 2
Daily walking Hour: 2 daya Walking 4 hours per day.
Activities : 2 days Hike, Chitwan National Park
Chepang Village trek begins from a short drive to Hungdi Khola at Prithivi Highway. And after crossing the bridge starts to hike up to the hill. Along the trail, there is the Chepang family nearby jungle. Chepangs were from to the central south of Nepal. But they were indigenous of Burman group.
Chepangs had been living in the semi-nomadic lifestyle until a couple of decades ago. But now changing their lifestyle. They have their own languages, and culture. Their language is almost similar with Tibeto-Burman language. They are considering shy and easily dominating by another ethnic group. Chepangs are practicing the shifting cultivation, which is known as khoria kheti. The product from land is not adequate to sustain for the whole year, so they also follow the traditional ways. They are fishing, hunting, trapping the birds etc. They depend on the wild food like collecting edible shoots and roots.
We (Apex the Asia Holidays) operating the treks through the village in order to provide some knowledge for them. From each purchase of this trip, we collect the US $ 150 per person to developed the Chepang community. We are working with an NGO COSDNepal.org.np In order to develop the community. Chepangs are suffering from various problems, such as mass illiteracy, high incidence of malnutrition, living in the vicinity of the dense forest etc. To improve these we operating treks from their region, that directly help financial, and also improve the habit of talking with new people. That bring the confidence on theirs. They know the better way of living and also get the chance to serve the people. They can directly increase their economic status by selling their own home products such as bamboo baskets, and other wooden crafts as well.
Available: The dates are open for booking. Pick up Now!
Limited: The dates are limited available for booking, recommending you to book soon!
CLOSED: The dates are not available in present date. Please contact at Apex the Asia Holidays if you want to travel
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
2. Deluxe three star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Chitwan with breakfast.
3. Guesthouse/local house accommodation in Hattiban and Upper Dang Gadi, Chepang village.
4. All guided sightseeing and Tours by private car / van / bus with driver.
5. A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
6. The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
7. All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the tour/trek.
8. All hot drinks such as tea, coffee on the tour/trek.
9. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
10. Entry permits and fees for all temple, park, monasteries, cultural and historical spots. 11. Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
12. All our government taxes.
13. Official expense.
Please Note: -US$90 per person per night if you need extra accommodation in four/five star hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Nagarkot and Chitwan including breakfast. - US$255 per person if you wish to take flight from Kathmandu – Pokhara – Chitwan – Kathmandu.
1. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
2. International airfare and airport departure tax.
3. Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You will require 2 passport size photos.
4. Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
5. Personal clothing and equipments.
6. Tips for guide and driver. (Tipping is expected).
7. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
The following gives you a general idea of the personal items to be brought by you in this tour. The personal items are of individual interest, and choice. You must consider the time of the year you traveling.
Heavy items are carried by porters during the trek. Personal belongings of the travelers that you may need for the day like money, water bottle, camera, sun cream and toilet paper etc. should be carried by you during the tour. So you are briefed to pack items in two different bags.
Recommended Equipment list.
• Duffel, Rucksack bag, or suitcase (This should be nice with good zipper)
• Walking shoes
• Walking pants
• Waterproof jacket or raincoat
• Full - sleeves shirt
• Jumper or pile jacket
• T - shirts
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Polypropylene/wool socks
• Woolen socks (only in winter: December to mid February)
• Sun hat
• Sun block for lips
• Sun lotion
• Thermal Long underwear (only in winter: December to mid February)
• Sewing kit
• Medical & first aid kit
• Flash light
• Batteries and bulbs
• Swiss army knife
• Personal toiletries and medication which should be labeled
• Swim suit
Please Note: Tight fitting, figure-hugging clothing, such as those made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals, especially on girls. If you find these items comfortable as a base layer then please pack something to wear over the top of them.