Nepal is the motherland of high Himalaya ! Nepal has many majestic mountains, vibrant culture, strange and extra animals in the National Parks and typical landscape. Himalaya with high altitude and cold air at the northern part but whereas in the south hot atmosphere.
The pagoda style temples, historical and heritages sites never allow to even blink the eyes, each and every corner you can see the temple, thats why Kathmandu valley is also known as the City of Temples. And next day drive to Nagarkot, a hill station for breathtaking sunrise over the Himalaya such as Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Gauri Shankar and Mt. Everest.
Outdoor from the valley firstly you will be in Chitwan National Park. Visiting National Park is an another exciting, touring on the back of an elephant, jeep drive, bird watching, canoeing, and selling the boat at Rapti river, not only this also you will get a chance to see those endangered animals such as Royal Bengal Tiger, One Horned Rhino.
Lumbini is the birthplace of Lord Buddha, which is one of the holiest places in the world especially for Buddhist like Jerusalem for Christian and Mecca for Muslim. After visiting Lumbini next day drive to Pokhara via Palpa. Rani Mahal is the main attraction of Palpa, which was built by Governor Khadga Samsher Rana in memory of his wife Tej Kumari after her death. The town Tansen is another attraction of Palpa where King Sen family was ruled around 300 years ago.
Pokhara is another most touristic city of the nation for either domestic or international. Fewa, Rupa, and Begnas lake are decorating the town in collaboration Mt. Machhpurchhre. The significance of visiting Pokhara are Tal Barahi Temple, which lies in the middle of Phewa Lake, Gupteswor Cave, Bindabasini Temple, a museum of Gurkha Warriors, and activities like Paragliding over the city and lake, hiking up to Sarangkot for sparkling sunrise over the Himalaya.
Start From: Kathmandu
Finish At: Kathmandu
Destination: Kathmandu valley, Shivapuri, Chitwan National park, Lumbini, Palpa(on the way), Pokhara.
Group size: Minimum One
Activities : Cultural Tours, Sightseeing, Wildlife Safari, Sunrise and Mountain View
This is a section where you get the general idea equipment that you need in Discover Nepal . The important and serious part of equipment selection depends on the trekking season, trekking days, and maximum altitude.
Trekkers personal goods such as money purse, cameras, cell phones and the cosmetic items that you need in day time, while you are hiking. Porter carries others your heavy equipment.
- Day Pack
- Duffel Bag
- Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Baseball cap can protect your ear and neck from the sunlights.
- UV protection glacier glasses with side shields and a hard-sided storage case
- A pair of liner synthetic/ woolen gloves for the mild days.
- Two cotton t-shirts.
- A synthetic t-shirt.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton!
Lower Body – Legs
- Two pairs nylon-hiking shorts, not cotton!
- Underwear, stay away from cotton
- Two pair lightweight long underwear
- A pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable
- A pair cotton pants
- Especially for the women a full length skirt.
- At least two pair of liner socks, synthetic.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
Miscellaneous, but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Airline ticket(s)
- Visa (if required and acquired in advance)
- Immunization record
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sunscreen. SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its effectiveness over time
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc
The above list guides for you to buy the goods. There are so many options for you, they different brand and version, so it would be better to buy as per your experience. Most of the things are easily available in Kathmandu as well in cheap price.
Please Note: The tight fighting clothing such as made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals. So if you find these items comfortable please kindly wear top of them.