Start From: Kathmandu
Finish At: Kathmandu
Destination: Kathmandu, Bhaktapur,Patan, Phurping Village, Nagarkot
Group size: Min. 1/ Max 40/Average 15
Activities : Cultural Tours, Sightseeing, Sunrise
Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal, which lies in the center part of Nepal at the altitude of (1345m). The city is famous for historical heritage, vivacious culture, pagoda temples and religious sites and bustling streets. The valley Kathmandu is also called Kantipur Nagari (Kingdom of Kantipur); it covers three districts, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur. All these are the main historical city, and reserving a royal palace, Kathmandu Durbar Square which is located in Basantapur. It is the Royal palace, invaded by King Prithvi Narayan Shah over the Malla king. Bhaktapur Durbar is the oldest durbar of Kantipur valley, it was built in centuries ago. The 55 windows durbar square, tallest pagoda temples, pottery arts, water ponds are the highlights of Durbar square.
Lalitpur is an another kingdom and the there is also a very attractive royal palace, museum, noticeable stone Krishna temple. And the also the showcase of handicraft.
In Kathmandu highlights, we visit other religious places and villages, such as Pashupatinath Temple, Buddha Stupa, Swaymbhu Stupa, Changunarayan Temple, Pharping village, Dakshinkali Temple, Bungmati Khokana etc.
Beside the city tour, Kathmandu valley highlights include some interesting hiking. Shivapuri hiking which is fabulous hike inside the National Park can see some wildlife and birds. Nagarkot (2195m) is another hill where you stay overnight and watch the sunrise, stunning view of Langtang Himalayan Range and Ganesh Himal.
Handcrafted souvenirs from Nepal is universally Known!
The following gives you a general idea of the personal items to be brought by you for Explore Kathmandu tour. The personal items are of individual interest, and choice. You must consider the time of the year you traveling.
Personal belongings of the travelers that you may need for the day like money, water bottle, camera, sun cream and toilet paper etc. should be carried by you. So you are briefed to pack items in two different bags.
Recommended Equipment list.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (where you can put all your stuffs)
- Daypack (this is for you This is a section where you get the general idea equipment that you need in Nepal Vistas. The important and serious part of equipment selection depends on the trekking season, trekking days, and maximum altitude.
Trekkers personal goods such as money purse, cameras, cell phones and the cosmetic items that you need in day time, while you are hiking. Porter carries others your heavy equipment.
- Day Pack
- Duffel Bag
- Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Baseball cap can protect your ear and neck from the sunlights.
- UV protection glacier glasses with side shields and a hard-sided storage case
- A pair of liner synthetic/ woolen gloves for the mild days.
- Two cotton t-shirts.
- A synthetic t-shirt.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton!
Lower Body – Legs
- Two pairs nylon-hiking shorts, not cotton!
- Underwear, stay away from cotton
- Two pair lightweight long underwear
- A pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable
- A pair cotton pants
- Especially for the women a full length skirt.
- At least two pair of liner socks, synthetic.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
Miscellaneous, but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Airline ticket(s)
- Visa (if required and acquired in advance)
- Immunization record
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sunscreen. SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its effectiveness over time
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc
The above list guides for you to buy the goods. There are so many options for you, they different brand and version, so it would be better to buy as per your experience. Most of the things are easily available in Kathmandu as well in cheap price.
Please Note: The tight fighting clothing such as made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals. So if you find these items comfortable please kindly wear top of them.
Altitude Sickness Info
The entire tour covers only the lower altitude; specially Kathmandu, Pokhara and southern part of Nepal.