A day Kathmandu Tour covers the main highlights of Kathmandu city; Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square and also Swayambhunath Stupa.
Pashupatinath Temple is the world most popular Hindu temple, and also the place of cremation. It lies on the bank of a holy river-Bagmati. Pashupatinath and Bagmati are famous for Hindu holy people, Sadhu, pilgrims. All these people take a bath in the Bagmati river. The process of cremation is burning the dead body with firewood and ghee. But, nowadays there is also a electricty facilated burn house.
Bouddhanath Stupa is one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world. In Bouddhanath you can see the monks are praying in monasteries surrounding the stupa. Plus, Bouddhanath is also for the meditating course too. Next, Swayambhunath is the stupa, which is on a hill; from there you can see the stunning view of Kathmandu. It is also popular as the Monkey Temple.
The most historical and also architectural palace; Kathmandu Durbar Square has registered in world heritage sites. The durbar square was the palace of Mall dynasty and King Prithvi Narayan Shaha. Inside the square, there is a building of Kumari. Kumari is the living goddess of Nepal, and she will be continue Kumari from about 6-7 years up to her first mensutarion. And also there is a tall temple, that is of Taleju Bhwani. The temple is only open in a day of whole year. The auspicious day is 9th day of Dashain.
We can also see the Drum and Bell in the Durbar square. That was used to gather the public by the kings. Drum and Bell, that made a loud sound, and public gathers on the yard.
Start From: Kathmandu
Finish At: Kathmandu
Destination: Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Patan
Group size: Minimum One
Daily walking Hour: 1-2
Activities : Cultural Tours, Sightseeing of Religious Town
The following gives you a general idea of the personal items to be brought by you for Explore Kathmandu tour. The personal items are of individual interest and choice. You must consider the time of the year you traveling.
Personal belongings of the travelers that you may need for the day like money, water bottle, camera, sun cream and toilet paper etc. should be carried by you. So you are briefed to pack items in two different bags.
Recommended Equipment list.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (where you can put all your stuff)
- Daypack (this is for you This is a section where you get the general idea equipment that you need in Nepal Vistas. The important and serious part of equipment selection depends on the trekking season, trekking days, and maximum altitude.
Trekkers personal goods such as money purse, cameras, cell phones and the cosmetic items that you need in the day time, while you are hiking. Porter carries others your heavy equipment.
- Day Pack
- Duffel Bag
- Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- A baseball cap can protect your ear and neck from the sunlights.
- UV protection glacier glasses with side shields and a hard-sided storage case
- A pair of liner synthetic/ woolen gloves for the mild days.
- Two cotton t-shirts.
- A synthetic t-shirt.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton!
Lower Body – Legs
- Two pairs nylon-hiking shorts, not cotton!
- Underwear, stay away from cotton
- Two pairs lightweight long underwear
- Pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable
- A pair cotton pants
- Especially for the women a full-length skirt.
- At least two pairs of liner socks, synthetic.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
Miscellaneous, but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Airline ticket(s)
- Visa (if required and acquired in advance)
- Immunization record
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sunscreen. SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its effectiveness over time
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc
The above list guides for you to buy the goods. There are so many options for you, they different brand and version, so it would be better to buy as per your experience. Most of the things are easily available in Kathmandu as well in cheap price.
Please Note The tight fighting clothing such as made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals. So if you find these items comfortable please kindly wear top of them.